Social Media Engagement is one of the most powerful strategies for the growth of the website. Social Media offers a great opportunity for customer engagement and building brand awareness.
In this Digital Era, where every one of us is present at one or the other social networking site for interesting and informative things. Digital marketing companies are encashing this thing and finding these social media sites a powerful tool to connect with millions of people.
Remember that at Social Media people are going online to interact and exchange information & content with similar, likeminded people. They are less likely to be interested in your latest sales pitch, and promotional hype. So, you need to carefully plan and follow a few rules to engage customers in social media marketing, at the same time you also need to be flexible and respond to the community.
- Use your previous knowledge of customers: you already have an idea about your customers’ likes and dislikes, your business, your brand. Apply that knowledge to social media strategy.
- Don’t jump in unprepared: Have a clear plan before you start –know who you are trying to engage and what you want to achieve. Define ways to gauge and measure your success with frequent milestones to help keep you on track.
- Look, Listen and Learn: Before you engage in social media marketing, spend some time in familiarizing yourself with different types of social media sites that you plan to target. Go and use the sites, read the blogs, immerse yourself in media since every online community is different. So, familiarize yourself with the various nuances of different social media sites before you dive in.
- Just be open, honest and authentic: Don’t go online just to tell virtues of your brand all the time and never pretend to be someone or something you are not.
- Be relevant, interesting and entertaining: Everything you do should add value to the community as well as moving you towards your business goals. Be helpful, be constructive, be interesting and entertaining- join the conversation, offer valuable, authoritative and considered advice. Make a real effort to engage with the community on their terms, and you will usually find them more than happy to engage with you in return.
- Don’t push out a spammy message: Don’t join just to submit a tone of links and push information about your own products. In that case, it will go against you and the community will ignore you.
- Respect people: Always be respectful to your fellow community members. That doesn’t mean you have to agree with them, healthy debate is good in any community. Even when you disagree, always be polite and respectful of other people.
- Respond to feedback: If users give you feedback, that’s invaluable. Let them know that you appreciate it, that you are interested in what they have to say. So always, be responsive.
So, make your Social Marketing Strategy with these simple tips a rocking.