If you are planning to enter into the Blogging field, if you’re looking for an easy and step-by-step guide to learn how to start a blog in 2020 and make money from it, then you’ve come to the right place. I’ve been blogging for 5+ years and I’m here to show you the most simple way to get started.
Blogging is a very easy method to establish yourself over the internet and also earn some pocket money. Some bloggers do it for timepass, some for hobby and some to get achieve a goal. What’s your intention to start a book is very necessary. As because it is not so simple to maintain a blog so many new bloggers left it in middle.
Before starting a blog be sure about your won thought. Because success can not gain overnight.
What is Blogging?
A blog is a collection of webpages (posts) related to a niche. A writer can write a post on his blog on a specific topic to make it elaborate and understandable for the reader. A blog is a website on the specific topic i.e. technology, education, blogging, news, food etc.
What is a niche in blogging?
A niche is a specific topic or category you are going to write about.
List of Blog Niches: – Each Niche contains many Sub-Niches also.
- Business & Finance
- Product Review
- Health & Fitness
How to Start a Blog?
To start a blog you need a Domain and Hosting. Here I am going to discuss the whole procedure of blogging from scratch.
1. Choose a Name for your Blog and also pick out a Niche
The name for the blog must be specific and well determine. It should be easy to pronounce and remember. It would be best practice to contain the niche keywords in the domain name. For example, if you are to create a News blog then you can use “news” word in the domain name like – www.news.com. Take time to choose a niche, because it goes long and you shouldn’t change it later. Try to pick the niche according to your choice, hobbies, background on which you will write for a long time.
2. Choose a Hosting
There are two types of Hosting, those are
- Free Hosting
- Paid Hosting
Free Hosting is Free for a lifetime with some lacks, but in Paid Hosting you will get full freedom with full supports. There are some Hosting companies who provide free hostings like Blogger and WordPress. WordPress provides free hosting with some limitation like you can’t connect your domain in their free plan, whereas Blogger provides free hosting with an option to attach your domain name for free. Besides these, there are also some best Hosting companies who are best known for their fast and reliable hosting. There will be a specific topic on this.
For a beginner, I would recommend you to go to the free Hosting that is provided by Google i.e. Blogger. When you get some traffic you can move to WordPress easily.
3. Blog Designing ( Choose a Best Responsive Theme)
Blog designing is the most essential for your success. It is the look of your blog for the visitors. So it should be clean and well arranged. The first impression is the last impression. There are so many free and premium themes both in Blogger and WordPress that help you in this matter. One thing you should remember before choosing any theme is that it must be fully responsive so that it can open well in Desktop, Mobile as well as Tablet.
4. Write your First Post
Now its time to write your first post and go live. But before writing a post the should be some points to consider. Those are –
- Research on the topic that you are going to write about.
- Split that information into different small paragraphs with proper heading for easy reading.
- Don’t and never copy works of others, which create problems of Plagiarism later.
- You can use pictures or images inside your post for better looks.
5. Promote your Blog
After publishing your post its time to get some free traffic. I recommend you to share your post on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Whatsapp etc. with your friends. It will help your blog to get some initial traffic.
Start a Blog for FREE
The best way to start a blow of your own purpose is to go with Blogger. It is 100% safe and secure and fast.
1. Go to Blogger.com
When you click on the “CREATE YOUR BLOG”, you will redirect to a new page where you have to sign in with your google account.
2. Here you simply sign in with your existing Gmail account or you can create a new Gmail account to proceed.
3. On the next screen you just see as below, you will be asked to create a new blog. Here first you have to put Title of your blog and then choose a unique address for your blog. Your blog address looks like – xxxxxxx.blogspot.com. Later you can change it also.
4. After creating your blog, now go to “Posts” Tab on the left to create a new post. As below the image, you have to write an SEO friendly Post Title and your topic on the given space.
Here you can found some Tabs on the right. Those are for —
- Labels – To add some labels or categories for your post. This is very helpful for your Post SEO.
- Schedule – You can post your post immediately or after some time here.
- Permalinks – This is another important thing. It helps in ranking. Here you found two options – Automatic or Manual. I advise you to go for the manual and add a good SEO-friendly short permalink with some keywords.
- Location – Here you can put your location information.
- Search Description – This is another most important thing. Here you can write a meta description for your post which will show in Search engines,
5. Change your DOmain. If you like you can go with the default subdomain. But I prefer to go with a Domain like inspiritlife.com. This is necessary for establishing a brand online. To connect your domain –
Go to “Settings”
Add a Third-party Domain. You will be given some instructions to proceed.
6. Meta Tags – It is most important for your ranking. Go to “Settings” and then “Search Preferences”.
7. Backup – For security reason you should take a backup of your website content preodically. Follow the instructions below.