Right Course of Action After a Motorcycle Accident
As motorcycles gain acceptance as an economical form of transportation, across the USA the unfortunate result is an increase in serious accidents. As the number of motorcycle enthusiasts increases, so do motorcycle accidents, unfortunately. One of the reasons for the increase in the number of users is mainly due to a decline in the economy. Since motorcycles are cheaper to initially acquire and operate than a car or truck, many cost-conscious consumers turn to a scooter or motorbike for transportation.
One of the unfortunate realities is the increase in serious and even fatal accidents resulting in very serious injury or death, along with the need for a motorcycle lawyer to help you file your motorcycle accident record. Being involved in a serious motorcycle accident can be extremely traumatic. You may have been seriously injured without even knowing you were taken to the emergency room. Maybe it all happened so fast that you don’t even really know what happened.
If you are involved in an accident, being informed in advance of what to do after an accident can be helpful in avoiding even more problems. The following suggestions may help you with your motorcycle accident claim.
- Seek immediate emergency medical attention for anyone involved.
- If your injuries do not require immediate medical attention, DO NOT leave the area. Stay until the police arrive and help the officer complete a report
- Obtain the names and addresses of the people involved in the accident, along with their driver’s license number and insurance information. Note the other vehicles involved
- Get the same information from all cookies as well.
- Don’t discuss the details with anyone except the police.
- Take notes and take pictures of the damage and the surrounding area or injuries.
- Contact your insurance company, let them know what you said, when and to whom
You should seek competent legal advice as soon as possible. You want a motorcycle lawyer who will fight for you and can advise you on your rights. Fighting with the insurance company is something that should be done by an experienced person.